Half Life 2 and Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Zalman heatsinks are great, and the pure copper ones are the best. With a prescott, aftermarket cooling is almost mandatory

dang, 60C idle? i get 58C, full load, running for like 3 hours, and overlocked.... you don't wanna burn the chip... if you want to improve the cooling without $$$, make sure you place the fans so that you get good airflow, and there is enough air going to the HS

The thermalright XP-90 is a very good choice for a Prescott. The Dell 8300 that i have with a P4 3.4Ghz Pressy actually came with this HS. I think Dell actually knows that the stock HS & Fan suck the sweat off of the you know what's.

I don't overclock this CPU, but i've neer had a problem with overheating. Zalman would also be a great choice.

"would just a new heatsink for the processor and new case fan do it?"

In my opinion yes.

And my temps get higher playing HL2 than any other game, even higher than other games which run slower on my PC, which is weird.

I would just get the best heatsink I could get, I bet the 6800 vid card does a good job of cooling itself, I know my evga 6600gt cools my video card back down to idle temps very quickly after I shut down a game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom