Liquid Metal cooling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pc_boy

Daemon Poster
Anyone heard anything about Liquid Metal Cooling? Supposed to be some metal solution stuff that has a boiling point at 27C, and conducts heat really well... any1 know anything, when it'll be avalaible?:confused:

Yeah I was gonna mention the Sapphire blizzards.

It's an interesting concept and if the fluid wasn't conductive I'd be filling up my loop with that stuff. I would be more concerned about the effectiveness of the radiator and consider that the cooling bottleneck. I'm interested in how much this will cost though.

oh, about the CPU coolers, I don't reall like how the airflow is within the case, i think the heatsink should be outside somewhere, so it won't heat up the rest of the components...

pc_boy said:
oh, about the CPU coolers, I don't reall like how the airflow is within the case, i think the heatsink should be outside somewhere, so it won't heat up the rest of the components...

Well, its not a comprehensive solution.. its just a local one. For instance, just like your heatsink and fan on your cpu is only local, its still reliant on your case's overall cooling to move the heat that it's dissipating, outside and bring more cool air in. These products just act as a replacement for current heatsink/fan combinations, not as an entire, comprehensive cooling unit.

But yes, they're cool and I want one also :)

oh, some1 said "liquid nitrogen is a good idea"

it's actually not, liqud nitrogen doesn't remain cold forever, it's just a compressed gas. Once it turns back to gas, you won't just turn it back into liquid that easly... retards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom