Antec NeoPower

Status
Not open for further replies.

osubuckeyes

Baseband Member
Im upgrading my Cheapo PSU

Has anyone used the Antec NeoPower

Im sure with the Antec Name it has to be good, but just want to get a consensus

I just ordered the Antec NeoPower 480 from newegg for $111 plus a $30 mail in rebate and like a $2 instant rebate. Maximum did a very intensive review of 7 power supplies a few months back and this one came out the champion with a rating of ten out of ten. It even beat a psu from PC Power and Cooling. Maximum PC REALLY torture tested these things. That wannabe Ultra X-connect started smoking so they had to abandon the test lol. You might be able to find the article online, not sure. I'm sure this psu will serve you well.

I have version 1 of the 480 watt Antec Neopower. Its very good. Only 2 thing i dislike about it...

1) Version 1 only has a 120mm fan. Does the job but can still get pretty toasty.

2) Antec state on the box that by only plugging in the power cables you need, you will save space inside your case and increase airflow. However i found this not to be the case. The wires are sooo dam long they clutter up my case much more than my old PSU did.

Tis nice and quiet though :)

I've got it and love it. Just about the only thing in this crazy computer that's stable...

DJ-CHRIS said:
It's a great Power Supply

However I really dont think it can hold a candle to PCP&C

Antec PSUs are really 2nd only to PCP&C, and its not like antec is settling. ur getting a quality PSU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom