Tell me what you think. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to the apparent low quality of Rosewill PSUs, I am now deciding between these two power supplies:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817159026
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817103931

As for the case, I like it so that's that.

Is the 7800 GTX that much better than the 6800 GT, or should I get the 6800 GT and wait for next year's line of cards?

As for the ram, it has good timings and people regard Gigaram highly. Should I go with another brand, or just stay with Gigaram because 2 GB is only ~$180.

There are two variations of the case I chose: Steel/Plastic or just Steel. Which one is better for cooling and sturdiness?

people say newegg only lets in good reviews on their products, so reviews from that site shouldnt be relied on
also u can get better RAM at like frys electronics or a place like that. the other day i found 512 MB OCZ (dont know whcich kind but not value) for 25 bucks, DDR 3200 too so thats only 100 for 2 gb of good RAM
if ur getting those graphics cards now and dont wanna wait u should get the 6800GT in SLI (2 of them) it will cost the same as the 7800GTX if not less and will perform alot better

Can someone please tell me which is the better power supply of the ones I picked?

As for the Zalman 7700 CPU cooler, will that fit on the DFI board because it doesn't seem like there will be enough room?

And for the Zalman VF700 VGA cooler, will that fit on that massive 7800 GTX?

I have also been considering not going SLI. This board performs much better than a lot of the SLI boards and many say that SLI is buggy. Besides I'm not that hardcore of a gamer; I just like to have nice graphics when I do play.
Do you think this is a good idea? And I much appreciate everyone's input.

I'd go with either a Chaintech or the DFI. I personally wouldnt trust any of that RAM manufacturers either. I have never heard of them I am not really one for trying new products on my computer if no one knows about them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom