speakers

Status
Not open for further replies.

astinmartin

Solid State Member
how would i go about connecting car sub woofers to my computer cuase gaming would be sick with those any help or ideas would be great
thanks in advance

Just go to a hardware or electrical store, and get some wires and some connectors, and join em up with a current set of speakers? So the output from ur pc goes to ur speakers as well as ur subby.

But you will require an amp or some sort of power source to run the sub, keep that in mind.

i understand i will need an amp and such but would splicing it in take away from current speaker quaility and what aould i use to power it

No it shouldn't by theory cause any quality loss.

As for powering the amp, im not sure. You could get urself a small power supply (12volt) while your buying those wires.

:D

What are you going to splice the amp in to, that will show it 12 volts? What battery is going to power the amp? Maybe a deep cell that just happens to be sitting around. What audio card is there, that will provide what a car amp needs? Just a few questions you might want to ask yourself. Why not just buy a good audio card and a highend computer subwoofer system. Not that I would try either, but I would try a home stereo system subwoofer before a car audio one.

What kind of subs are you planning on using, if they are decent car subs they will be seriously overpowering and all you will hear is BASS. :eek: , what kind of speakers will you be using to compliment the subs?

i am going to be using giga works 7.1's from creative and the card will be its compliment of a audigy 2 zs platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom