sata drive problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
it finds the sata drive does that not mean it has a driver installed?
do you need to use the molex connector aswell as the sata power one? i didn't think u had to

If you are attempting to RAID the single SATA your system will crash. Make sure that you disable the RAID issue in the cmos. And, make sure the SATA hd is cabled to slot 0 and not slot 1. You shouldn't need drivers if your mobo is physically capable of running sata. Your cmos should look automatically to SATA 0 and define your hd as the primary master. Is the os already on board? wAs this raptor in another puter? If it was you will have to reformat and reinstall your os.

RicoDirenzo said:
You shouldn't need drivers if your mobo is physically capable of running sata. Your cmos should look automatically to SATA 0 and define your hd as the primary master.

For reasons unknownst to me, SATA dosent work like that. Granted, for some reason, on a few boards I have installed (namely ASUS) they didnt need drivers. But that was for 2 boards, and I've done alot of SATA, and they have all, except for those two, needed the drivers. For some reason, every person I talk to about the SATA drive issue, has always had to load the drivers. Never met anyone who didnt have to, except me. :D

Okay..My intel D865PERL did not come with sata dirvers and I didn't need any. SATA HD went into slot 0 and Whamo!!! So I defer to the "wisdom Giver" on this one! :)

thanks for your help everyone, installed driver and got it working as a single drive and thats cleared up all my problems... will be back for help with raid when my other raptor arrives lol

damn i spoke too soon, it stops with 9 mins left and saving settings... actually thats the furthest its got, i'll reformat and try the install again before lookin for a problem

I had that problem as well. I've boiled it down to being a bad install disc. Make an ISO of the disc on your computer, and then reburn it, might work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom