computer wont turn on

Status
Not open for further replies.

strauss1991

Beta member
Im building my first computer and having trouble. My mother board is in and my computer wont turn on. the fans wont even move. Ive tried all combinations of having video card sound card ram and front panel hooked up but no matter what i cant get my computer to get any power except a small light that flashes in the ethernet port for half a second. if any one can help me please do.
just for reference this is my computer
CASE- DYNAPOWER C8214.68.0757 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case 430W Power Supply - Retail

MOTHERBOARD-Foxconn NF4UK8AA-8EKRS Socket 939 NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

Video Card-Leadtek PX6200 TC -64 Geforce 6200TC Supporting 256MB* DDR PCI Express x16 Video Card - Retail

PROCESSOR-AMD Athlon 64 3000+ Venice Integrated into Chip FSB Socket 939 Processor Model ADA3000BPBOX - Retail
RAM-CORSAIR ValueSelect 1GB (2 x 512MB) 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered Dual Channel Kit System Memory Model VS1GBKIT400 - Retail

HARDDRIVE-Seagate Barracuda 7200.8 ST3250823AS 250GB 7200 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive - OEM

KEYBOARD/MOUSE-Logitech Cordless Desktop Optical 967320-0403 Black PS/2 RF Wireless Standard Keyboard Mouse Included - OEM

SOUNDCARD-SABRENT SBT-SP6C 6 (5.1) Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

DVD/CD-SONY Black IDE Combo Drive Model CRX320E Black - OEM

SPEAKERS-DCT Factory OG-550 25 Watts 5.1 Speaker - Retail
IS there any reason my computer wont turn on

check that your power supply is correctly connected first. Then check on the back of it and see if there is an on off switch. Most commonly there is and it is in the off position by default. Try that and post back.

Make sure your power supply is properly connected to your mobo. Also make sure that your power supply isn't DOA. It sounds like the power supply because normally, at least the fam will turn on, even if the computer doesn't post.

i have been using the swich in the back the whole time. along with the button in the front when it is plugged in. I think its the power supply as well but i feal really screwed right now. is it possible i damaged the cpu? when i put it in it locked into place just fine

Im pretty sure even with a damaged CPU your fans will start when the pc is powered on.

I had one stupid psu that in order to get it to work I had to hold the power button in the front on and then switch the psu on and off repeatedly till it fired. Somthing to do with how the reset switch was connected I think.

Make sure the reset swtich and all the rest of those little annoying connectors are in the right places, if they are (check the manual to be absolutley sure) then I would get a new psu and try it to see if that is the issue.

Did you install the pegs that go onto the case before you install the motherboard? Did you put the wire connectors from the switch on the right place on the motherboard?

SHAWN said:
Did you install the pegs that go onto the case before you install the motherboard? Did you put the wire connectors from the switch on the right place on the motherboard?

This is my thought, it sounds like you forgot to connect the power switch connector to your MB.

check all of your connections for the front case panel and see if their in the correct spots on your motherboard. if they are, flip them over, they might be in backwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom