XP-lite goes Latin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
XP-lite goes Latin

Microsoft is offering a cut-down version of Windows XP for Spanish speakers in Latin America.

Launched in Mexico yesterday it will be a cheaper version of XP but will only be available to OEMs and system builders, not as a packaged retail product. Part of the aim of the cheaper product is to cut down on piracy.

The software has customised support in Spanish, Mexican-flavoured wallpaper and screensavers and pre-configured settings to make PCs more secure.

The Windows XP Starter Edition will be similar to versions for sale in Thailand, India and Indonesia.

I think it's funny they make it cheaper and add security just so some countries don't pirate. Warez I always enjoy your articles were do you get them?

It's a secret. Do you all like it that I post this info? I see that they generate a lot of posts. Someone on here dont appreciate it but I aint stopping. I think its very informational, especially for new comers.

I read that same article last night. I'm sure it might help M$ make some money, not really a big deal to most of us, though. Unfortunately, upgrading from this starter edition will be expensive once the user gains the skills and the need to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom