I think I might of just fried my uncles new computer. Helpppp Plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a Chaintech 7NJL6 Socket A ATX Motherboard.

The case wires that I don't know where to put are two ground 4 pin wires and one 1 pin mic wire. Though on the diagram I have that shows where to put some of the wires there is + and - signs next to somethings but none on the wires themselves.

I'll take the mobo out tonight after work and look on the other side because I didn't see any scorch marks on the top side. Any more help would be greatly appreciated.

Are the 4 pin ground and 1 pin mic maybe not necessary? I thought the grounds would be for grounding purposes but I really don't see anywhere for them to go.

ROFL!!! :p :D ROFL!!!

You plugged the ground into the USB pin connects? Whew, LOL.

...Though I got to wonder, to that end, you didn't know where the wires are supposed to go, or what the different USB connections are? If you weren't sure, you should have asked.

Either way, smoke...is not good. Does the machine even turn on now? Chances are you've seriously hosed something.

I haven't tried turning it on yet. And I would appreciate it if you ROFL silently.

Just pull everything off the mobo except the cpu, fan, memory and video card. Make sure the front panel connectors are in the correct places. power up the board and see if you get the cmos load up. Relax....take it one step at a time. add the hard drive and attempt to install the os. If you get that far just start adding things one at a time. Smoke doesn't necessarily mean "death" but it is not a good sign!

I still don't know where I should put the ground wires though. My friend told me he thought it just hooked to the case but why would there be pin connectors then?
Also I still don't have wires for the front usb, so how am I suppose to hook those up?

Well I just didn't install the grounds and it works. Though I don't feel safe without the button being grounded, but I don't understand wiring anyways. I checked and there isn't a single scorch mark anywhere on the board as far as I can tell.
Anyways it turns on just fine, I'm in Bios right now and nothing has burst into flames and I don't see any smoke signals so I'm hoping its good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom