I think I might of just fried my uncles new computer. Helpppp Plz!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Well I hooked up everything following a how to build a computer website and when I turned the computer on it made the beeping noise and then I noticed smoke coming from the lower area of the mobo.
I had the front panel grounds plugged into the usb extension because I thought thats where they went (didn't see the writing and thats the only place they fit. Well I imagine thats the problem but now I'm freaking out because I don't know what to do.

It was just a normal beep like a computer does when it comes on.

The smoke was around the bottom right of my board which is where the FDD, IDE, battery, sata, front panel pins (for usb, audio, buttons) and some jumpers are.

So you have now placed the plugs in the correct spot and it does still not work?

that might be a good idea. I bet the problem is because of bad connections, and because you plugged the grounds in the wrong spot, it could of sent too much current into the wrong connections.

Hey, sh*t happenes

I haven't found a place to put them. There is no place that says ground on the board.

I haven't turned it on again because I'm afraid I might brake something else.

Yeah bro, you gotta let us know if there are any burn spots, but if not. What motherboard do you have, so maybe one of us can help you find the GND place on your mobo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom