Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are on top does it matter to them? It's sad but I've tried linux and I am a microsoft user at heart I'm just glad I have MSDN. But still I will be forced to buy the parts for new hardware to upgrade my OS this time.

DOES MONEY MATTER TO MICROSOFT!!? Last I checked that's what it was all about. It's just sad that my pc will be able to run Battlefield 2 , but not on Windows Longhorn.

To be honest I'm not sure about the standards microsoft has set they claim you need all that fine hardware but take a quick look at my sig I can use Longhorn alpha 4000 series and 5000 series no problem. I know the final product will demand more but it can't be demanding too much more than Beta 1 correct?

Microsoft plans to ship its next version of Windows, code-named Longhorn, in the fall of 2006, but executives acknowledged that it could slip into the following year.

At the company's annual Worldwide Partner Conference, one Microsoft executive said the company will provide the first beta of Longhorn aimed at IT professionals this summer, but the "cool new UI" with visualization, organization and search capabilities won't be included in the Longhorn code until beta 2, which is due next year.

"I'm very confident we're going to make next year," Sanjay Parthasarathy, corporate vice president of Microsoft's Developer & Platform Evangelism Group, said about making the fall 2006 ship date for Longhorn. "Keep your fingers crossed for us."

Microsoft, Redmond, Wash., has said it will ship the Longhorn client in 2006 and server in 2007.

In the interim, Microsoft is preparing to officially launch its next-generation SQL Server 2005 and Visual Studio 2005 on Nov. 7, and Windows Server 2003 R2 and BizTalk Server 2006 by the end of the year.

At the partner conference, the Microsoft developer executive told partners that those product releases will afford them many new application development and customization possibilities.

He said the developer edition of the Longhorn beta will be available at the company's Professional Developer's Conference in September in Los Angeles.

Even as it preps those major launches, Microsoft at the show formally announced the name of a business intelligence product for Office and SQL Server 2005 due this fall, dubbed Microsoft Business Scorecard Manager, formerly code-named Maestro, and announced a realtime collaboration Presence Toolkit for Visual Studio 2005 that will deliver a new set of LiveMeeting controls inside Visual Studio 2005 for developers.

well, the requirement will drop when they release it.. as they will optimize the code before final release (Whenever that may be).. There apparently not much new in Longhorn to justify a $300+ buy, as from all i've seen they are wasting space, space and more space (desktop space i mean).. i mean, what the hell is the sidebar suppose to accomplish other than wasting space?? name one that can't be put into a double row bottom docker. From one screenshot of the "new" IE interface, i've only seen back buttons, where is the forward button?? and about 40% of the IE space is used up by the taskbar and leaving only 60% of the space for browsing..

search feature? well, they are kinda behind, there are tons of good desktop search engines, it's not worth it to buy one that integrate into windows (besides, they are not even releasing their "wonderful" new filesystem, so don't tell me those thirdparty desktop search engines can't compete)...

to conclude, they are stripping features left and right, and apparently desperately enough to be throwing eye candies as features.. great buy!

If longhorn had these new features like Search and Filesystem, i would get it but i dont care one scrap about the look of it. I would put the theme back down to the classic.

if you start typing the name like yah (Yahoo) and then stop it will show you, all of the info on your computer starting with those 3 letters. yahoo desktop search will find it as you are typing (quciker search), but I wouldn't use them as they admitted to spying on us.

they are also warning that it might be fairly easy to use google and yahoo's search to possibly break in somebody computer in the future

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom