Half Life 2 and Overheating

Status
Not open for further replies.

osubuckeyes

Baseband Member
just installed half-life 2 and 5 min into the game, my comp shut down itslef down from overheating.

i have a very basic cooling system, simple case fan mounted in the front, connects directly to the power supply, and I have the stock Intel fan/heatsink on my 775 3.6 prescott.

Any suggestions on cooling my system down on a budget?

cpu is about 60C under normal use, im not sure about idle and under heavy loads

and motherboard is about 45C

damn, sucker is probably hitting over 70C easily...prescotts run hot normally, but yours seems to be going over that....is it hot in your house or what?

You could probably go into your BIOS and change the thermal shut off options, but yeaaah I'd suggest getting some better cooling honestly

What are the specs on your computer. Make sure nothing else is running in the background while you are playing.

are you overclocking some, that might be causeing a little bit more of the heat in your system. If it is just ur CPU, see if you can go into the BIOS and crank up your voltage/RPM on the CPU fan or something. You did say that you have basic cooling, maybe it is just time for an upgrade on cooling if you cant even play your games.

Hmm Specs
Asus P5AD2 Premium
775 P4 560 3.6Ghz Prescott (Stock Heatsink)
1024 Mb Ultra DDR2 533 Mhz Dual Channel
EVGA NVidia 6800
Cheapo 450w PSU (will be upgrading soon)

Not overclocking
However my case is old and has one pussy ass fan in the front

Yes I guess I'm gonna have to upgrade my cooling
What would be some options on a budget, would just a new heatsink for the processor and new case fan do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom