Computer Shuts Off after several mintues

Status
Not open for further replies.

realneed4speed

Solid State Member
My friend was given a PC from his dads friend. Now, this PC made its way down to me. It has a problem though. Although i cant really find alot of the specs, but its a AMD 2800+ processor, 20 GB HD, Radeon 7500 LE 64 MB with TV out. once u turn on the computer everything is fine it loads properly... but after 5 mins on the computer the just turns off. automatically like as if there is a power outage. what is causing this problem? the power supply? the CPU fan? CPU? your help will be great appreciated. thanks.

is the processor fan spinning? check the case fans too. It sounds like a heat issue.

If that is not the case then I would check ram next. Turn off the auto reboot option and post the entire contents of any error messages you get.

Check the event logs for error mesages and post those too.

well know it stays turned on for some reason.. but, the moniter doesnt turn on.. please help, why isnt the turning on? hmmmmm

"I'm sorry miss Jackson... Ooooohh..."

It's over-Heeeting- Beeting--On to the "G", They-be-the-same thing... ..... You need Cooling on the CPU more.

I'm almost certain it's heating. Check and see if your Chipset has it's own heatsink also. (sometimes it dosn't... :confused: ) Also if there's a voltage switch in the back of the PSU, turn it to it's lowest setting. :cool:

"Needforspeed's computer was smoking weeeeeeed..."

Oh sweet Jesus.... Try plugging it in to another computer.

Also try plugging in a different Graphics card. I think your comp FRIED ITSELF OUT... :confused: :amazed: :confused: :cool:

hmmm... i dont have anotha grfx card.... im replugging it in..lets see what happens.. u know what it was working with my friends moniter... at the time i picked it up from my friends house.. but at my house ive tried it with 3 moniters and id doesnt seem to work with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom