Bought BF2....but can't play it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running it with a 9800 pro also with Medium 1024x768 and I get an avg of 60fps on fraps.

Holy crap, Batman! 2 Gigs of memory to smoothly run a game? Ouch!! Looks like we'll all be buying mobos with Ram up to 8 gigs in the near future......ouch! But then I used to have an 8086 running Dos 1 with a 5 mb hd and thought it could hold the library of congress>! :) My Son has already maxed out his 60 gig primary and has a 180 back-up and he is filling that up quickly. New techology..Atomic hard drives with optical readers and no moving parts with speed of light access times. Reads the zeros and ones as the surfaces and spaces between the molecular lattice work of high density titanium! (So my Geek MIT engineer buddy tells me is going on in San Jose)......That's right...atomic hard drives..........Scotty, Beam me up!

Holy crap, Batman! 2 Gigs of memory to smoothly run a game? Ouch!! Looks like we'll all be buying mobos with Ram up to 8 gigs in the near future......ouch! But then I used to have an 8086 running Dos 1 with a 5 mb hd and thought it could hold the library of congress>! My Son has already maxed out his 60 gig primary and has a 180 back-up and he is filling that up quickly. New techology..Atomic hard drives with optical readers and no moving parts with speed of light access times. Reads the zeros and ones as the surfaces and spaces between the molecular lattice work of high density titanium! (So my Geek MIT engineer buddy tells me is going on in San Jose)......That's right...atomic hard drives..........Scotty, Beam me up!
thats pretty funny:p

...yeah, probably in 2060 or so, we'll be so old, our kids will laugh at us when we would say "dude i was soo cool, i had an AMD X2 with 74GB Raptor and 2GB OCZ DDR500" i'll be like now saying "i had a 2MHZ, 24k ram and 8MB HD..."

Bee, its not your video card. BF2 is a very buggy game, I often get lock-ups on my system and have to smack the restart button, I also get sound issues when I turn on hardware sound and EAX, the voice commo gets all jumbled up. just wait it out and get the patch when it is eventually released.

pc_boy said:
...yeah, probably in 2060 or so, we'll be so old, our kids will laugh at us when we would say "dude i was soo cool, i had an AMD X2 with 74GB Raptor and 2GB OCZ DDR500" i'll be like now saying "i had a 2MHZ, 24k ram and 8MB HD..."

And they'll be like, Really? I have a 32 core CPU w/ 64 gig of RAM and 100 terabytes on my HD...

People are completely overestimating how demanding BF2 is......BF2 is actually supposed to be less demanding than the first battlefield game.....as it's been said a few times it seems the game is just really buggy.....a format in most situations seems to clean it up, so for whatever reason it doesnt like being put on a dirty machine....mine wouldn't even play until I formatted, so yeah dont know what to say..

My friend was playing with a 2400+ XP....768mb of PC2700 running RAM, and a 9600XT 256mb and he could play it on 1024x768 with a fair amount of high settings...enough to make the game look nice and still play smooth even with a lower end system

i play it fine with my 9500 pro

i got the battle field demo awesome game of course! and i play it 800/600 4xAA and medium every thing and i get like 35-40fps with my gay 9500 pro lol i only got 512 memory to lol

It's all about the servers. The 16/16 servers have been in my experience, the best. Very little lag and the game runs as smooth as silk on my PC. I've tried to play in 64/64 servers and I abort within 2 minutes everytime. It's just horrible. 32/32 servers almost just as bad. My BF2 clan has a 24/24 server and 90% of the time it's total smooth.

As far as the glitches in this game. There are a bunch. Most of them have already been posted on this forum so i won't repost.

The one that is bothering me is the "Auto Balance" feature. I was playing on the USMC and we were kicking their butts. The game was almost in the bag and we were moving to capture the last flag.
I was killed and then I get this message, "The Server is putting you on another team". I was like what? I spawned as the MEC and the USMC took the last flag... The game was over. I spent the whole game helping the team to win, then in the last minute, it puts me on the losing team. Then I checked my stats and sure enough, i got the loss too. There should be a time limit up until when it can auto-balance. At the beginning is fine, may-be halfway through. Getting put on the lossing team right before your about to win, is just plan stupid.

Also - Spec Op's needs to get freakin' points for C4ing the commanders ARTY, UAV and Radar. Why is this not in the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom