PC loading problem - URGENT guys -

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCBoy

Solid State Member
hey guys, well recently i have been having problems with my pc. When i turn it on, theres an error msg that appears and says..."BOOT DISK FAILURE, INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER". I have asked my friends about this and they say its the hard drive that is totally gone. i tryed to unplug it and install it on my other pc but it would do the same thing. Also i have another hard drive that is stuffed. I install XP on it on 1 computer, then i go to the other computer and plug it on there, and the same ERROR MSG appears. My computers have trouble reading hard drives and says theres nothing there...

Any1 have any ideas? would be much appreciated .....

PCBoy.

well for one you cant load windows xp on one computer and then move the hdd to another computer. If you do that then I think you have to load xp again and just do a repair, if im correct. It does sound like your hdd is shot thogh if for no reason at all your os wont load. One quick question though, Have you tried booting your comp in safe mode by pressing F8, or trying to run the last good config that wokred form the same screen?

well i am unable to get the safe mode screen.. it wont allow me, it just starts loading.. and dosnt read the hard drive... says...

primary master.. NONE
and the rest NONE....

i just cant get the mother board to read the hard drive... event tho i just want to format..

PCBoy

Are you still under the warrenty? It looks like your hard drive has failed.

You need to get into your BIOS (generally hitting DEL right when the computer starts up, sometimes it's F12) and make sure your boot order has the hard drive listed in it.

Make sure your HD is being shown up in the BIOS and that if your floppy or CD-ROM is before the hard drive in the boot up order, then you should have NO CD or floppy in the drives.

I'd assume your boot order is messed up before jumping to the conclusion the HD has failed

Nubius said:
You need to get into your BIOS (generally hitting DEL right when the computer starts up, sometimes it's F12) and make sure your boot order has the hard drive listed in it.

Make sure your HD is being shown up in the BIOS and that if your floppy or CD-ROM is before the hard drive in the boot up order, then you should have NO CD or floppy in the drives.

I'd assume your boot order is messed up before jumping to the conclusion the HD has failed

good point, didnt even think about the boot order

well i am unable to get the safe mode screen.. it wont allow me, it just starts loading.. and dosnt read the hard drive... says...

primary master.. NONE

and the rest NONE....

do u have a cd-rom drive installed on the computer? if u do is it on the same cable as the harddrive, maybe its ur motherboard? if it cant detect anything including the cd-rom drive

There are several things that may be wrong , dont think that your harddrivve is bad just because it wont boot! your first problem is you need to get into your Bios screen and do an auto detect for you drives etc... if then you dont see your harddrive , then check to make sure your drive is setup right ,(Jumpers are in the right place ) and that you have your cable in the right place . also make sure you are getting power to your drives! If every thing on your drives check out fine then return to your bios and go from there. RE-detect your drives etc.

the best way to see if your HD works is to put the jumper settings to slave and plug it into the secondary IDE port in another computer that is completely fine. If it works there then change the settings back to master and plug the HD in all by itself and plug it into the master IDE and let the bios auto detect it. after that (assuming it did detect) plug your other HDs in making sure that one is slave on the Master IDE and make sure your CD-ROM is master on the secondary IDE and make sure your boot order has C first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom