How can one make a server from a normal computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
see im not goin to do this with this computer i plan on doin it witha old computer when i get my hands on one.

so, let me get this strainght...all you need is windows xp? And the game installed? and if it's cs, dmc., hl all you need is to connect up with steam? and how do you do that? (Steam?) I'm already steam connected..but is there an addtional website to request becoming a server for those games? Thanks

at the bottom of your play games list there is an option called run dedicated server. You double click that and a server starts. I am not sure if you can set the options from there or not. If not then you will need to edit the config file manualy. Once you have the server configured give out the ip address to people and have them connect to it. Not difficult really.

me too. Well let me ask this 2 day ago my frined made a server and i didnt know how to get in or find his server he made how do i find the servers he or i make for one of us to join the others server.

you need the ip address, then just go to your favorites in the game server browser click add by ip and then enter the ip address and port number (should look like 123.345.678.1:27015 if you don't get the port right it won't work).

When runinng a server you have to turn windows firewall off (XP) or port forward your router if you have one. There are tons of options that need to be set correctly in the config as well. I am sure you can find tutorials if you google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom