In Runtime
okay im looking to get a custom built computer here are the specs:

Intel Pentium 4 processor 3.0GHz
Sapphire Radeon X850 Pro 256MB PCI-E
160GB of Hard Drive
1GB of RAM

Will this play the new game Battlefield 2

For your question yes.

But... A AMD would be better for gaming. The X*** cards are not very future proof, as they are missing one vital ingrediant. Pixel shader 3, which the next gen games will need to run the games in direct X 9. So a nvidia card would be alot better, as it does support it.

003 said:
AMD/Nvidia > Intel/ATI

Wow that was useful information! Sweet deal....

That card works great for a budget card. The amd chip should be a little less money too. Are you getting a good deal on that setup?

I would hardly call it a budget card. And the "AMD/Nvidia > Intel/ATI" wasn't useful, if you want to do video decoding etc. than Intel will always be better, and ATI is not bad, it is just lacking the PSM3, which makes it a pointless buy.

the ones I have bought for the shop have been half the price of the higher end cards that is why I called it budget. I hear good things about the saphire brand too.

Ok pixel shader 3 is not used by alot of games. The only reason people diss ATI is because of its poor performance in Doom 3. The x800 xl is in the area of the 6800GT in other areas besides Doom 3. However, that is a major game, and ATI has def lost many sales because of this aspect.

Ya, and make sure the pentium has hyperthreading. It will play Bf2 just fine, as the x850 is designed to compete with the 6800Ultra.

Also, if you plan on using max settings and max resolution on bf2, I would suggest 1.5 Gigs of ram.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom