512 GOOD RAM or 1 GB SO-SO RAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

regeisle

In Runtime
Situation... I have $175 to spend on 3200 DDR400. Should I go with 1 gb latency 3 kingston valueram, or go for 512 MB of a latency 2 RAM for around $125-$135, and then save for another 512? Will the "valueram" provide a signifigant performance boost over the 512?

i think you should go with the better ram , but you do not need more than 512MB. the extra money just to have 1GB of ram is not worth it compared to the small performance gains you get. the only exception is if you use software with massive memory requirements, not very likely

Agree, for the most part you will never need more than 512 unless you are using multiple editing applications while gamming. :) Go with the better ram and save a few bucks, it will be worth it in the long run.

I would go with the 512mb of good ram and if u so choose, save up for the other 512. Personally i have 512 on my laptop and its as quick as i need it to be and i have some very hefty programs on it. But, my roomate has a gig of ram on his desktop and it is kind of cool how instantaneous everything is at all times... so if u can afford to blow it go for a gig of good ram...

You're more prone to problems with cheaper-quality RAM. Unless you seriously feel you want to get rid of your pagefile completely, go with the high quality 512 instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom