Overclock on an ecs board

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmer

Daemon Poster
i got my procesor a 3.00ghz intel P4 HT and i got it to 3.48Ghz at 30C idle i havet seen the load temp but im getting ready to play hl2 and i cant wait. Now i want to know how i can overclock my 6600GT.
Those are darn good speeds and temps i modded a case soo i have a 120mm fan on the side and 2 80mm fans on the back and 2 in the front so i get good airflow.
Do u think my temps will be ok when playing HL2 cause i havent got it yet im getting it tomaroe. shoud i be ok?? i odnt like to see temps over 45C.

Run prime95 for a while and check the temperatures. You should be OK up to about 60C with that processor.

i dont understand prime 95 at all i had but i dont understand what its doin.So i just use speedfan and check my temps.

It tests your cpu for your OCs stability by keeping it at 100% usuage or something like that. P4s are not that great where temps are concerned so you will most likely go over 45c. that and ECS boards are to cheap to really get a good OC out of.

i know i could prolly go a lot farther if my board was better cause i cant get any furhter cause of my board.
but u gotta admin that is pretty good for an ecs board and stock kooling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom