Digitally Signed Drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok well i'm going home for the day and i don't think i'll be checking it at home. I don't think batching is the right take on this but i could be wrong. Let me know what you find.

I've seen installations slip streamed using batch files. Granted it is primitive, but it works.

no kidding, especially you have to do it on like 50+ systems in a certain time frame...

even without time frame, that will bore you to death before it's done. Not to mention boredom -> mistake most of the time.

ok here is what I have found...

You can set the registry value and it is located in two spots.
The first:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Driver Signing
Policy DWORD 0x0

The other is only changed if you are an administrator of the machine and it is:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing
Policy BINARY 00

Setting both to zero is the same as setting it graphically. Which is what i wanted. The problem now is that I need to find a way to override the fact that Windows will still display the message if you are replacing a signed driver with an unsigned driver. Maybe this isn't really a problem but it would still be nice to know.

In reguards to batch scripting for windows installs. If i am correct that is accomplished using flags. I don't know that there is any way to use a batch file to do somthing graphically. To my knowledge at least. Thanks for everyones help on this.

-Aaron

*edit*
The first post has this but i'll just repeat it so its all on the same post:

HKCU\Software\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing
BehaviorOnFailedVerify DWORD 0x0

The graphical suggestion does not change this one only the first two. I don't know why Microsoft can't standerdize things. O well.

try this. make sure you backup your registry first

Here are the entries you should add/change:

change:

from
CODE

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000010
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000010

to
CODE

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000000

if not working, try to add these:
CODE

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKU,".DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKU,".DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing\BehaviorOnFailedVerify",,0x000000

Eric, you know that slipstream program to slipstream installations of Windows? Do you think you coulld muttle around with tht program and get it to do what you want? In this case, make that change across the board like dumdum wants.

EricB said:
try this. make sure you backup your registry first

Here are the entries you should add/change:

change:

from
CODE

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000010
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000010

to
CODE

HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKLM,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000000

if not working, try to add these:
CODE

HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKU,".DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKU,".DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Non-Driver Signing",,0x00000000
HKCU,"SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Driver Signing\BehaviorOnFailedVerify",,0x000000
Do you have a document/webpage that backs up those reg keys? Thanks for looking for them.

-Aaron

HIM-what where you trying to say???:question:

EricB had a program he was showing off, in which you could slipstream installations of Windows. You could add features, remove them, add service packs, and then make it all into an installation image and put it onto a CD and you would have your Windows installation CD. Perhaps you could use that.

Well if i have registry values i can use those. I don't have access to the unattended image. I am making a program that will be bundled with that image...kinda...don't wanna get into it.

I think this may be of use to you. The post is somewhere, I will find it for you. I think this is what you are looking for, should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom