Introductory Guide to Watercooling (Updated 6/28/05)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gaara, should make the one about the pumps a sticky. That way, when the advanced section comes along, we can move those threads into the water cooling section.

I would prefer to keep everything condensed for the time being so the forums does not get cluttered, when we have a forum specifically for water cooling then I'll make some changes.

I also wouldn't mind having some original content rather than leeching off everyone else. :p

Well, here is the thing about original content... Look at what we have for guides at TF... Next to none. Judging from that, do you think we actually have someone who could correctly right an in depth article or guide on something? I think not. Nubius couldnt even write his own, he had to get it from elsewhere. For the time being, we will have to settle with leeching someone elses work.

anyone know about cooling a dual core X2 processor because most cpu cooling blocks have the copper heatsink in the center and in a dual core processor the cores are side-by-side

Waterblocks have one big chunk of copper to cover the entire chip, the whoole thing. They are optimized though for cooling in the dead center of the block. If you'll notcie on the good ones (such as the Dangerden TDX), the spray of new cold water comes into the block right onto this little group of copper pins that are right above where the core should be. Maybe if you did some research you could find a special dual core block. Go over to www.xtremesystems.org they may have some more info for you on that front.

Because you wont get nearly as cool with a fan as you would with water cooling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom