Good, cheap laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you do like the IBMs(As I Do)Check out the "R"series.This may suit you needs at the price you mentioned...........Check with Bill Morrow@Thinkpads .com...............he can probably match anyone on new Thinkpads.......regards...........:)

the best you could do is go to dells site - small business- inspiron - take the cheap one with 1.3 celeron mobile (AMD's processors in a laptop I hear get too hot), upgrade to 512 for $75 (why would you even think about getting one w/ 256?), has a 40 gig HD, wireless card should be included too, free upgrade to a DVD burner, for $724.

You know, i was thinking the exact thing. today I saw in the paper a relatively sick Dell for pretty cheap, may or may not have been the same one you are talking about. How is Dell reliability wise? I've always known Dell to be good, and I have always heard good things about them. But recently, now that I'm really hardcore into computers, I've been hearing mixed things. Could someone set me straight? That would be swell.

I think it's more a personal opinion but I dislike Dell, only because I work in a tech department and we get atleast 5 Dells a day that need new harddrives or screens fixed or new fans. The biggest problem with dell is their crappy customer service, with us computer guys it usually isn't big deal, although laptops can be a pain because alot of their parts are harder to fix. The biggest problem I came across with Dell laptops is the fan for the CPU, they seem to die out fast or have a lack of cooling and run hot and constantly restart. That is my opinion and personally expirence though, please get other opinions though.

macdawg said:
the best you could do is go to dells site - small business- inspiron - take the cheap one with 1.3 celeron mobile (AMD's processors in a laptop I hear get too hot), upgrade to 512 for $75 (why would you even think about getting one w/ 256?), has a 40 gig HD, wireless card should be included too, free upgrade to a DVD burner, for $724.

AMD use 8 watts more power, 35 watt for AMD vs 27 for Intel Mobile's

I actually think that compaq is very reliable, I've had a 450mhz P2 Compaq desktop for 6 years with no problems :p

@ Him,

Be sure to check out onthegopc.combefore you buy.

They have great prices, and a great selection.. a little bit of everything from everyone. They mainly cater to college students.

Sweet, thanks Trotter. Now I know I'm gonna get the best deal, with the TF deciples on the case! :p

Laptop computer sales are increasing. Reason is everybody wants best features in compact size. Dropping prices is the another major reason. The new generation PDAÂ’s are fast catching with laptop features but still they can not beat laptop when it comes to features. Get here Rugged & Reliable Notebook PCs and also Check Out Coolest & Latest Models!
http://www.cheapest-computer-hardware-software.com/laptop_computer_sales.html

VengaBoyz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom