Tower112 Rocks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

idiotec

Fully Optimized
Woot! I finally got the Tower 112 heat sink. This thing rocks!

Installation was a bit of a pain, but really just because you have to remove the whole mobo. Other than that it is very straight forward. I installed with AS5 of course....

And stock load temps......

44C!!!!!

I am sure some of you AMD guys don't think that is that great. But for a prescott, that is low!

I will of course keep updated with what my new OC results are...

:D

And some pic's....

So far, 4.2Ghz. I am working on getting it stable at 4.3Ghz, but I don't know.

cpux1742ghz5zu.jpg

Here is a pic of the beast itself. I wish I would of taken some during the install :angry:

tower112small9ul.jpg

Oh, and I bumped it back up to my 24/7 OC (3.73 @266x14) and load temps are 47C :D

Have you, or anyone you know of tried a peltier in combination with this cooler? I am thinking of going with a peltier and maybe your suggestion the tower 112. I am just a little unsure if I will have to insulate around the CPU.

Thank you for your reply also.

I wouldn't want that in my case because it looks EXTREMLY heavy..... Even with the bracket on the back of the motherboard....

wow, that's a really nice oc, and even better temps. my 2.8 @3.5ghz prescott has a load at 55c, it idles around 40c, and i have a zalman 7700cu

I wouldn't want that in my case because it looks EXTREMLY heavy..... Even with the bracket on the back of the motherboard....
Well, that is something to consider, but I was impressed with how solid it felt with the way it mounts. Might be more of a problem if you move your case a lot for LAN's or what ever, but I don't so its not much of a problem. I have however seen people rig up extra supporting brackets for it.

wow, that's a really nice oc, and even better temps. my 2.8 @3.5ghz prescott has a load at 55c, it idles around 40c, and i have a zalman 7700cu
Thanks :D That is actually still a very good load temp you have with that OC. Anything under 60C is completely safe for a prescott.

More research yeilded a change of mind. I am now concerned with the movement of my case and the weight of the HS. I want to go with a peltier and a heat sink combo. I want to keep the weight down just a little bit.

The research was warning about the 12's weight even in occasional moves. Once I get my group back together, that will happen almost every other weekend, and more than likely at least once during each week. WAY to often to risk this.

Concerns are... Everywhere I look says do not get the dielectric grease into the holes for the CPU, mine is free floating but there are spaces where the CPU sits that I think should be filled. Your answers are??

My rig is a Mid Tower, with plenty of room for everything, the MB has plenty of room all around without bumping anything.

I am not trying to refrigerate the CPU, just cool it down more than what it is now. A lot really does not hurt though.

Condensation, I am in the Navy and if I take this thing underway with me I tend to end up in humid areas, which YES I have read a lot of articles on insulating around the CPU. Has anyone heard of using some form of epoxy and just speading it on, or is the sheeting better?

I have read that Air cooling a peltier does not REQUIRE the insulation, but I do not really feel like dropping the money on another CPU as I would only go with the same one or higher.

And has anyone seen any Mem at 667 in dual channel 512 stix that is in stock?? This ram seems to very hard to find, any clues why or where?

Thanks.:confused: :amazed:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom