need to remove the virtual A: drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragondad

Beta member
I have a old (2000) AMD based system which has been abandon for years, now I need to install it. I face a tough question, whenever I install the OS, I was warned that there is a A: drive (actually I already take off the floppy drive), it must be a virtual A: drive, and it is not belong to particular hard drive, it exist after I try it on another hard drive, it looks like it is belong to memory, so please kindly give me some suggestion of how to remove this virtual A: drive.
On this A: drive, I can find some DOS system file, such as FDSIK, config.sys. But no clue of how it was built (may forgot the detailed, it is 5 years history).
Thanks.

So?

For older systems you need to get a bootable floppy, to instal a OS onto the harddrive.

I can't see what you are asking for there.

The problem like this, now, it is no floppy disk drive, and when I install OS (from CD-ROM), after it format and scan the hard disk, it ask me to remove the floppy disk (virtual A: drive), and restart the computer.
It is no floppy disk can be removed, and then failed to install the OS. Need to remove the virtual A: drive before install the OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom