Help A Stupid Guy Out

Status
Not open for further replies.

REV3RT

Solid State Member
HI,

I recently got the battlefield 2 demo for my pc. I have a ATI Radeon 9200 series video card. All the other specs on my comp are above par (i checked) I also downloaded driver updates for my ATI. Before the update to the driver the system would restart and not launch the battlefield demo. Now WITH the update the game launches and has succesfully reached the end of the intro movie. I have only once gotten to the actual menu in the game where you choose between multi and single player. Everytime I reach this screen I have a black screen and mouse, or a fuzzy yellow and purple line combo the entire screen. When I exit back to my desktop I have received the following messages "VPU recover has reset the graphics accelerator because it is no longer responding to commands from the graphics driver commands." AND "VPU recover was unable to fully recover from a hardware deadlock and has switched to software rendering. To restore hardware render restart now."

WHAT DOES THIS ALL MEAN??????:amazed:

That was what I was trying to eliminate going through all of the tests. But (dumb question ahead) why does an 8500 work and not a 9200. Shouldn't the 9200 be better.

You have to get the right drivers, its a pain in the ass. You also might want to try lowering the AGP down to 4x (I am assuming that you are on 8x) and if your on 4x try to go down to 2x. Mostly it is trial and error, with ATi drivers. The software that came with your video card should work pretty much the best when you install the hardware so try those drivers again. But if that doesnt work, goto the ATi website and try to find the ones that will work for you the best. Good Luck

EDIT: well if that guy says that it needs pixel shader 1.4 and the 9200 doesnt support it... SOL I guess. Its probably time for a new card anyway. that is nearly an antique

One more question.

When looking at all of the specs. of my graphics cards, it says AGP at the end of it. BUT it's placement is in the PCI BUS 1 slot. Now if I know ANYTHING at all shouldn't agp video careds go in agp slots and pci-e cards go in pci slots.

for the record a 9200 series DOES NOT SUPPORT BATTLEFIELD NO MATTER HOW YOU UPDATE IT. I had the unfortunate experience of corrupting the pc and had to do a sys. restore in safe mode.
********PLEASE DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME***********

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom