Taking out fans

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple as :p

If the PSU is driving you insane, count the number of pins that are on the motherboard connector coming from the PSU (circled.) You could get a new PSU to replace it, as long as you can find one with the same number of pins (looks like 20, but I can't see it.)

Attachments

• pc.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 37
Trifid said:
simple as :p

If the PSU is driving you insane, count the number of pins that are on the motherboard connector coming from the PSU (circled.) You could get a new PSU to replace it, as long as you can find one with the same number of pins (looks like 20, but I can't see it.)

I was thinking of getting a new one anyway, for a few reasons. I think it's noisy so want a quieter one as I do some home recording, I have to wait a few mins before I can do a restart which I think has to do with the power supply and also it's 300 watts - from what I've read most people seem to go for 400 and upwards for pretty powerful machines like mine.

How easy is it to replace a power supply? I mean in terms of both compatability AND the process of swapping it with another one.

unplug all connectors.. remove 4 screws from back of case.. slide out.. reverse process to put in.

Compatability aint an issue.. atx board.. atx powersupply. simple.

Are you sure you can't just remove the psu's fan grill cover (4 screws) and then apply the oil under the sticker? This way you don't have to remove the psu.

B00006B6TD.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

I have the same PSU you got, there are 2 fans on the PSU, one of it is on the back and you can just take out the grill and apply oil. But the other fan you need to take the cover off because the hole you apply oil is facing the inside.

btw, becareful when you open the cover, there is one wire that connect the PSU with the fan on the cover.

hkfnstang said:
I have the same PSU you got, there are 2 fans on the PSU, one of it is on the back and you can just take out the grill and apply oil. But the other fan you need to take the cover off because the hole you apply oil is facing the inside.

btw, becareful when you open the cover, there is one wire that connect the PSU with the fan on the cover.

Perhaps your confusing me with the topic starter, im not going to oil my fans anytime soon. :) i wonder how many fans he has in his psu, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom