AMD files a suit against Intel..

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL that is a funny article. AMD getting bullied out by Intel, these are like little kids with lots of money... America is so sad...

It is true in a way, Intel has so many companies that use their chips, and I'd like it if I could have chosen wheter I wanted AMD or Intel w/ my Compaq. Of course I got stuck with the crappy celeron.

horndude said:
AMD wouldnt be able to keep up with demand and two things happen, they get hard to get a hold of,and the price goes up..........

In the short term, this will probably be true. But, I think this will be only applicable for a time duration that it takes to build more factories.. Given the nature of these bloody lawsuits, I would presume AMD will have "enough" time to meet the demand, as estimated by them during the trial. Assuming the trial lasts longer than it takes to build new factories :)

@horndude

It depends on certain things to make the price go up, technically speaking the price should go down on products if more people buy them. But that doesnt happen sometimes, maybe that is why Intel chips are so expensive.... hmmm...

WoW! Free market economics!!! Intel, AMD and Microsoft.......I can just feel all the competition!! Whew!! Let's see...........Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Two CPU manufacturers and One operating system....the amount of "choice" is mindboggling!!! AMD...champions of the free market! ROFL!!!

LOL!!! :) Microsoft is terrified by the competition from all of the "other" OS's out there!!! Netscape tried to stop the "browser bundling".........IE is still bundled!!! :) I actually hope AMD does get a bigger share of the CPU market...maybe the prices will come down a little...or not!

Ah, so this is why AMD announced their plans of obtaining half the market share in the next decade.

If IE wasnt bundled, how would people download netscape :p

Anyways, I am happy with this lawsuit.

But we have 3 proessor choices, AMD, Intel and VIA / Cyrix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom