defragger

Status
Not open for further replies.

waynejkruse10

Fully Optimized
does any of you know any good free defragging progs that has special features for defragging page file etc. and defrag better than the windows defragger.

Wayne

i Use Disk keeper

keeper4qx.jpg

diskeeper is very good but it is $30. I did find a rebate once for $20 off but i don't remember where it is. I love diskeeper tho, it is a great piece of software.

dumdum8684 said:
diskeeper is very good but it is $30. I did find a rebate once for $20 off but i don't remember where it is. I love diskeeper tho, it is a great piece of software.

That's good to know. Please do share if you find out about the rebate. Diskeeper has the ability to defrag the page file and master file table before windows starts up. It will also defrag the rest of the disk automatically while you use your computer.

yeah but it is prolly the worst one out. Third party apps have the advantage because that is all they are designing it to do. They are faster and better. Diskeeper for example can defrag a 200GB HD in about 30 mins or less and it will be completely free of fragments. However, Windows' defrag util takes a lot longer and doesn't completely defrag the drive. That is because it will not move whole files around to make them fit better. I think Diskeeper is worth the investment. I have it set up to defrag my computer every week at night and I have never noticed a problem and my HD is always at 0% fragments.

-Aaron

*edit*
Also I forgot this but most third party progs will also touch system and page files. Microsoft wouldn't dare to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom