DV and 1394 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarik :: Tentsu

Baseband Member
Okay, i've recently got a NV GS15 Panasonic DV camera for my birthday (God i love my parents).

Now anyways, it's got a 4pin 1394 port (as expected). Now i have a fairly long 4pin to 4pin cable in which i tried to hook my DV up to my comp, but the comp didn't even sense it.

Now after hours of pain and struggle, i finally worked out that using a 4pin to 6pin cable to my back 6 pin port works fine.

Now on my comp, i've got a 4pin port, a 6 pin port and a front of the case 6 pin port.

I've got an 8IPE1000Pro motherboard. I've tested all the ports using my ipod and they work fine. But for some reason only the back 6pin port works with my DV.

Any ideas? I've tried pretty much everything...

(This isn't really urgent, but it IS annoying since the cable i'm burrowing is actually my dads...)

Thanks,
~Jarik

Whatcha mean by that? My MBoard has a 1394 connector that connects to a little panel that fits in the expansion slot which gives a 4 pin and 6pin at the back. there's also the F_1394 connector which my front case 1394 port connects to. It works (as i've tested with my ipod)...

sorry if i'm missing something really n00by =/.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom