I'm going back to windows 2000 pro again

Status
Not open for further replies.
just like firefox, the reason why there are less adware and virus attack on them is because they don't have as much user as the more popular product, such as IE and x886 machine.

I am not saying they are not good product itself, but they are just not the mainstream, YET. :p

iceware said:
Windows 2000 for me was a great OS in my P3 and Duron days. It was the best and in my opinion the first stable OS ever to come out of Microsoft.
That is because it was based on the NT OS line. Most of the NT OS's were very stable at the sacrifice of compatibility. Win 2000 was the OS that was supposed to bring the business and personal OS's together but they failed due to the deadline and out popped ME (worst one).

Bus: __/ Win NT (vers X) --> Win 2000 (NT v4) \
Win 3.1 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . > WinXP
Home: \ Win 9x ----------> WinME ----------- /
*I HATE FORMATING*

Vincenzo said:
If the next windows sucks im becoming a mac user or Linux.
Because I am tired of spy ware and viruses. I know mac hase some but not as much as Windows.
Go with Linux. It is growing the fastest right now of any OS on the PC platform and it already has surpassed MACintrashes. I think we will see a shift in 10 years away from Microsoft:D (at least on the windows side).

-Aaron

Vincenzo said:
If the next windows sucks im becoming a mac user or Linux.
Because I am tired of spy ware and viruses. I know mac hase some but not as much as Windows.

How many people use linux and mac compared to Microsoft? Thats why Microsoft is targeted. If everyone started to migrate to MAC then spyware and virus's would hit them too.

I think it's just him not wanting to put the effor forth.

I use XP Pro here at work, 2k Pro and OS X 10.4 at home. They all have their oddities, but if you take the time to track em down they all work very well.

Look 2000 is good but it's coming to a day were it is not good.

You want a server 2000 doesn't cut it get Windows Server 2003, or Windows Server 2003 R2 aka Server 2005.

You want a personal OS why get 2000, XP will not be discontinued yet and offers better compatability and support.

You want an OS to goof around with and test get Longhorn 4000 or 5000 series.

MS issues final software update for Win2K

Microsoft released a final update rollup for Windows 2000 on Tuesday (28 June) just two days before expiration of mainstream support of the still-widely-used operating system. The update contains every security patch issued since the release of Service Pack 4 and the end of April 2005 along with various non-security related software bug fixes.

The release is described as a consolidated update, rated than a service pack, and contains only a few items that have not already been issued as standalone fixes. Full details of the content of Update 1 for Windows 2000 SP4 - along with download instructions - can be found on Microsoft's website.

http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...91861#appliesto

Win2000 is now officially dead. No .net2.0 no new updates no new software from 2006-2007 and up due to .net. I hope you are happy with using your discontinued Windows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom