upgrading my pc: any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
BF2 requires a hell lot of processing power. A good GPU parted with a lousy or so-so CPU won't get you that far, especially in a game as demanding as BF2.

Yeah, I just got the game and it runs like crap on my system. I don't know yet if the bottleneck is my graphics card or something else.

There is a good chance that it is the processor. Most people really underestimate the importance of a good processor. A lot of games out there are dependent on a good fast CPU. But running these newer games at high quality requires a good GPU.

thanks for all of the help. This is my first time on this forum and I think it is great.

so I think that I will get a 6600 GT for my graphics card
-As I was looking at this card on newegg.com, I noticed that
there is many different types of this card: there is leadtec, msi,
and some others. Which is the best?

and also get a gig of ram

which processor do you think would be best. I want a 64 bit AMD
I think that I should go with above a 3000+, maybe a 3200+?

With a 64 bit cpu, I'll need to get another motherboard. What do you recommend for that?

thanks

Hacp said:
Did you even read the article?

Yeah, I did.

All that I'm saying is that a game having so many different things going on at once would lead itself to require a good CPU. Obtaining high quality graphics would usually leave itself to the GPU. Apparently BF2 is a slightly different story.

Are you going to stick with the 6600 GT?
If so, what PSU do you have? That may need a change if you overhaul your other parts a good amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom