Power supply

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwisdom

Baseband Member
I built a computer and it has been working fine for about two weeks . i bought a 30 dollar atrix psu because i didnt know much about different psus but anyways i using the comp and it just turned off i dsiconnected the psu and tested it in another comp didnt so i knew it was the psu but is there anyway it could have damged the cpu vid card mobo etc? i bought a 600 watt psu by antec.

Yeah i had a power supply take out an ENTIRE computer.

However if it worked in another computer, yours is likely fine.

i found my genuine antec psu for about 179 dollars. but i am wondering just how crappy is an atrix psu.

its cost $30, that means that it blows, you dont go cheap on something that crucial to your system. Did you ever figure out if you system is going to work or not?

the computer worked fpr about two weeks then the psu died. is there anyway it could have damaged the system

YES. IF THE POWER SUPPLY IS DAMAGED OR SENDS A QUICK SURGE OF POWER TO THE MOBO, IT COULD HAVE FRIED SOME OR ALL OF YOUR HARDWARE CONNECTED TO YOUR MOBO. TRY USING A DIFFERENT POWER SUPPLY TO SEE IF THIS WORKS. IF NOT, THEN YOU WILL MOST LIKELY NEED A NEW MOBO.

GOOD LUCK!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom