Pentium or Athlon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
As well as Intel's P4 3.06ghz. More competition, and AMD's finally got 333mhz bus on 2700+ and 2800+.

Looks like Hammer won't be supported on current KT400 mobo's, due to higher pin count. :(

i prefer Athlon

if you want to spare money and at the same tome get what you want, you should get you an Athlon:) it's cheaper, faster...but i cant promise you that it are more stabile, but i use the Althlon and i am gonna continue to use it, i wont buy a pentium coz i have...well....not so good experience...:(

Pentium or Athlon... That's the same as
Pepsi or Coke
Milk or chocolate milk..
I think it's all based on what you like..
I was raised on thinkinng Intel was the best.. Well i think Amd is just as good. It all depends on what you like, how much money you have.. and what your going to use the machine for.. I'm still using a pentium 2 333 and it's rather crappy.. heh.. cause it's slow.. not cause it's intel.

Well, Intel ruled back in the day of the Pentium, PII and AMD K6, K6-2, etc., but hey, for many gamers the tables have turned... nothing that can we 'really' control. But considering that Intel controls the majority of the desktop microprocessor market... hmm.

i have always gotten pentiums before, however recently i got an athlon XP 2200+, and it has had many more problems that i ever had with a pentium. so cost-efficient as they may be, i am still undecided.

If you overclock a AMD Athlon XP from 1.4 to 1.6 while the Intel Pentium 4 is clocked at 1.6.. Who will win? The AMD chipp.. (while Creating assloads of heat)

Stuff like Arctic Silver, coupled with a GOOD HSF combo will knock some degrees off, but the first step is to go through a 'semi-painful' process of unlocking.

BTW, an Athlon XP running at 1.6 (1900+) has the challenge to take on a P4 2.0A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom