Bought BF2....but can't play it

Status
Not open for further replies.

beedubaya

Golden Master
Well, I bought BF2, but I can't play it because of constant lag, texture corruption, and many times the game freezes up and requires a cold reset to get out of it. I have the latest ATI drivers...is this because I need to turn down the settings? I've tried it on high, 4x AA, 2x AA, and no AA, and I get the same problem. On some levels its as smooth as butter, but on others, it lags to hell. Anybody know of anybody experiencing this?, or is it just yet another fault of the X800 Pro.

Well the BF2 Demo was pretty buggy. Hard to believe they would release a product with so many flaws. It probably is the X800. The game runs fine on my 66gt.

Catalyst 5.6 drivers are great. My system actually increased performance on all benchmarks.

There are a few problems that i've run into.

1.) The Server Search List is way... too sticky. Freezes and sometimes won't refresh.

2.) My ping will be 19-30 and i'll still get "Problem with your Connection" messages. And it lags like hell.

3.) My ping will be 250 - 400 and everything will be as smooth as butter.

4.) Unbindable keys

5.) No-clan tag support

shoulda just gotten a nvidea card hint the sysmbol NVIDEA the way its meant to be played!!!!
dont see any at i the way its meant to be played.
Not a fanboy but it does recomend a nvidia card

alot of people are running 2gigs of ram with it , very demanding game running high settings.

Cappy said:
alot of people are running 2gigs of ram with it , very demanding game running high settings.

If you have a efficent properly configured gaming PC, 1 gig does fine

whoever recommended the stupid nvidia card is a dumbfounded dipsh!t. It's called advertising and ati cards can play it fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom