PS/2 Mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightninbabe

Beta member
I recently bought a new optical PS/2 mouse and it has been working great. However, in the last 24 hours every time I restart to PC it works, then after about 2 minutes it refuses to work. What I mean is the buttons don't work and the cursor doesn't move when I want it to.
This computer has its problems and if I could afford it I would purchase a new PC and just put the good bits from this into the new. Firstly the operating system had to be reinstalled and then the software. I did this two days ago, and as I said it's since yesterday I have been having this problem with the mouse. Last time this happened was with the old Pentium 2 and serial mouse. But this is a new AMD Athlon PC and Logitech Optical Mouse, surely the port wouldn't be stuffing up already?
HELP!!!!:mad:

Non USB

It's not a USB mouse, and I don't have a USB mouse on hand. I am sure the mouse would be working, I don't see why it wouldn't, as I said its new.
I just want to see if there is anything I could do before I go out and purchase a USB mouse

I honestly dont think they really manafactuer PS2 optical mice anymore, anything I have seen plugs into USB ports, and comse with an USB to PS2 adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom