still here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
try a new CD, yours might be scratched...

borrow a CD rom and give it a try

if not, run memtest to check your RAM, one of the reason why an install don't work is bad RAM

You either have a bad CD or bad sector on the hard drive.

Try install from the cab files locally
Boot to dos and type the following

cd c:\windows\options\cabs
setup

Good luck!

so

I tried copying the files manually, that didn't work,

I tried using three different cd drive, and two different cds for each one, this IS a sata drive, and I got the siiraid driver and they installed correctly... My ram is fine,

512 mb ddr kingston hyperx, i run a ram test everytime i boot, so thats not the problem.

Win 2k installs fine, so I'm going to backup my data using a fc2 hdd and use 2k.

thanks m8s

f15h

the system ram test doesn't check for integrity errors. there are special algorythm programs that do this. about all the system check is good for is saying 'yep, there all there and ready for use' while the software stripes many different patters to see if there is any bleed between between memory addresses (seriel, parallel and adjacent). However, since the win 2k installs fine I'd say it's not memory related. However, I hope you are installing the sata drivers correctly. You dont use just normal 'install raid', but another option (sometimes not visible) for 3rd party and use the disk that comes with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom