World of Warcraft Settings

Status
Not open for further replies.

foreverxyoung

In Runtime
Hey guys, i need some help on know what settings should i turn off in World of Warcraft that will help me increase performance on it, so it wont so skippy all the time. Well to start off i have Geforce FX 5500 ( not to good =/ ) and id like to keep my resolution to 1000x800 <-- somthinglike that. So heres my options on what i can take out.

First of all: Make sure that it is your video card and not your connection speed...

If you do decide that it is your video settings, then I would just play with the settings until you find something that you like.

I would start off by lowering the refresh rate to about 70Hz (unless it bugs your eyes).

Then, you could either lower your resolution or turn down the Terrain Distance. Also turn down the Texture Detail.

Again, just try lower things on your own and trying different combos of settings to see what gives you the best look.

Turn off af, Turn off terrain texture and texture detail and set terrain distance to medium. Unenable shaders. After that, you should be flying.

the best way to stop the lag is to not even play that life stealing game :D

Me and a few friends always meet on wednesday and EVERY single time, the same 3 are late because they HAVE to get in those extra minutes of WoW.....it's ridiculous and sad at the same time

get rid of verticle sync! also trillinear filtering, get rid of it. keep triple buffering. the rest is upto you (shaders and what not). a side note, verticle sync shouldn't matter however if you see graphic artifacts or tearing then turn it back on. if not, leave it off as it will slow the performance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom