AMD ships world's 'fastest overclockable gaming CPU'

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am sure someone with no IT knowledge but damn rich will buy it...

"Get me the best computer this is.... I don't care what the damn thing is!!"

It's amazing to me. Gamers have two major issues. The best technolgy and one other ingredient, which most of them lack....SKILL...:) I've played games against people on $5000 rigs and kicked there "tech butts" with nothing but good skills. All of the tweeking and teching in the world can only do so much. All of the cars at INDY are parameter controlled. Same horsepower, tires, fuel etc. and there is always someone who comes in last no matter how great the technoology. Within reasonable limits, SKILL is what you should be after as a gamer!!! :) But AMD will keep marketing Faster and Faster CPU's Because some people think tech = Skill. ROFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just normal human behaviour: Got to be the best....

usually the people with the "gift" (or skills in this case) will be on the top of the pyramid, but what if I don't???

assume I can afford it, the only way for me to compete is to get the best gear

Gear might not win me the race, but it should lessen the gap, and for a little bit of luck.....

<--- I think that is why, Rico :D

It's dillusional thinking....Tech can only help so much. But you are right insofar as being "competitive" is concerned. Obvously, You can't be competitive on an 8086! (Old School :)). But given the quality of most conventional gaming systems with reasonably good components like most everyone already has....it boils down to skill no matter what.......just like anything else in life. Ya got to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em. Find the game you are the best at and practice!!!!! Wow..what a concept!!!!!!!!! :)

Them fixing that cold bug is cheap advertising though.
It's not cheap it's smart advertising......besides most world records are 'for their class' because you aren't comparing MHz to MHz when it comes Intel vs AMD....generally it's like "ooh like 4GHz on an AMD platform" and that's the world record.....even in SuperPI times it's generally against other AMDs....

either way it's good that they will go out of their way to fix such a thing

Tech can only help so much
exactly, my dad has a more pwerful system than me right now and i still whoop his butt. hes all its cause its lagging and im like an X800XT is nto gonna lag on BF1942 w/ no AA or AF. its cause you suck, get some practice in man.

The cold bug issue isn't even really advertising, they made a product better and didn't exactly go out of their way to yell to the world "REVISION E CORES CAN NOW RUN AT -100C", they went out of their way and improved a core, I don't call that advertising, I call it customer support.

Anyways, the FX-57 really isn't much of anything special. The FX series are indeed a revolutionary architechture and a nice blend between desktop and server use. I really wouldn't mind the price dropping on them later on and snagging one cheap, namely when M2 comes out next year. I am avoiding DDR2, already made that decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom