web server terms

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello
can you guys tell me what this means with respect to a web server and how this wold influence my selection of a web server?

Load balanced

reseller

Dedicated solutions

Database: SQL server database

Domain Name Setup

Unlimited reboot

MS Access Database

PHP 4.0pMyAdmin,

Load Balenced:Using more than one web server to serve all of the client requests. Im pretty sure such a thing would be done with a proxy server.

Domain Name Setup:When you set up a webserver that is to be accessed by name (rather then IP address) then you need to set up a domain name for it. If it is for an webserver that is going to be accessed outside of your network, then you have to register(buy) a domain name. If it is a webserver that is being access from within your network only, then you set up Domain names with a DNS server.

Database: SQL server database

This means that the server is using the SQL database, which stands for Structured Query Language. It's a type of database.

MS Access Database: your server is running with windows operating system, and it's using the window's database, named access.. The database is good for storing some personal data (as from what i heard, it's easy to use with a graphical user interface), other than that, it's not good for much else in my mind..

PHP 4.0pMyAdmin.. erm.. don't you mean php 4.0, phpMyAdmin?
php 4.0: it's a web specific language that helps you serve dynamic data.. such as those pulled from a database, it has a huge library and nice documentations.. very popular, almost all self-respecting hosts supports at least php 4.0

phpMyAdmin: build with php, and it's a frontend for MySQL databases.. you can browse and modify your whole database with the frontend, very useful :D

does Load balancing mean that my website will be mirrored across multiple web servers, and the accesses to my website will be distributed amongst multiple servers?

i have bought my domain name, would the domain name setup be free, and do all web hosts provide this

can a webserver have bnoth an SQL database and an MS Access database at the same time, i guess they would, correct?

what kind of dynamic data is served by php 4.0, hey furtivefelon, were you implying something with your smiley?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom