spacebar does not work with MS equation in word2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

rookie1010

Fully Optimized
Hello

The spacebar does not work with MS equation in word2002, how do i insert a space when i type in an equation?

You don't need the space do you? it's just for visual formating right? so don't use it. Some programs don't know how to handle the space, and do dn't allow it. I belive that word is one of them.
Just so I'm clear, is this what you are doing?

[(12x/y)*Z] = 36(y/x)
and it's not working?

you can't use spaces in equation writer.. i haven't found anything that can allow spaces.. and i haven't met any situtation that i need a space :|

say, e.g. your equation is number of widgets = doohickies raise to power 5

then how do you do that?

what is a lisp hacker?

Indeed, you can't enter a space into a formula. However, if you are aiming for that esthetic look then there is a substitute sign you can use, it physical separates characters. There are a few of them, all under one category, pick second one from the back (if our memory serves us right). Since we do not have MS Office Word 2002 installed on this computer we cannot provide more detailed assistance.

Hint:
to save you the trouble of clicking 5 or 6 times just to get some "space" between your characters, after you input the character once - hold SHIFT while pressing LEFT ARROW once thus selecting that character. Hold CTRL while pressing C once thus copying the character into Clipboard. Now, when you required a space simply paste it by Holding CTRL and pressing V once.

Hope it helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom