Computer locking up/restarting

Status
Not open for further replies.

BishopUser

Beta member
I posted this here because I believe the problem has something to do with my hardware. I'm not as good with computers as you guys so bare with me.

Basically what has been happening is one of three things. I play a game called World of Warcraft which is a 3d game. Sometimes the game randomly freezes and i have to end task it. The other day it froze and I restarted the game and all the graphics were shaded green and pixelated. The second thing that happends is that my computer just randomly shuts off and restarts.

This third thing that happened has only happened once, but since these events have only taken place over the last 2 weeks I figure that all of them are linked. I was playing my game when my comptuer screen went black and the sound started screeching and showed this message

effedup.jpg

effedupone.jpg

I know this is hard to read because I took a picture of my screen with a digital camera before I shut it down and restarted (which everything was fine). The most I can make out of it is the last line "Beginning dump of physical memory". These restarts have only been happening maybe 3 times a day, but i'd like to try to figure out the problem now before it escalates.

Computer Info:
CPU - AMD Athalon 1.1ghz
Motherboard - MicroStar MS-6330
Video Card - Geforce FX5200
Memory - 640 MB pc133 SDRAM

I wouldn't be suprised if some of the parts are going bad as this computer is around 6 years old (although some of the components are newer i.e. the video card)

Can you type out the entire error. I can see its a DRIVER IRQ1 error and a physical memory dump but I cant read any of the 0's etc.

Just a guess off the top of my head until you post the entire error, you might have a bad stick of SDRAM PC133. Try removing some of the memory sticks and see if the error keeps happening.

That's all I can suggest until you repost with the complete error legible.

run memtest on your system to check RAM

if memtest pass, check your fans, see if your system overheat

this is very familiar to my ex-system... to make the long story short, I had reboot, video go crazy, blue screen symptons, and the problem is my CPU fan die and then my power supply wear off too (maybe linked, I don't know) I have to change both to fix it.

Your system has a hardware owie! just need pull everything of the mobo except the power supply, cpu, ram and video card. Does it power up ok? Add the hd. Ok? Add the PCI cards one at a time. If you have a bad memory stick, chances are you will get the blue screen of death. The Above advise is good but it's probably time to do a complete system check as I described above. Test the memory first. In thr future, list all your components, mobo, etc. and just wirte down the eror message. The picture you took is unreadable, for me anyway.

Ok the black screen thing happened again and this time I wrote down everything. So here goes.

***Stop: 0x0000000A (0xFD112160, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0x80432190)

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***Address 80432190 base at 80400000, DataStamp 42258bd - ntoskrnl.exe

Beginning dump of physical memory

Here is also a sample of some of the errors I get while playing my game

ErrorTwo.jpg

MemoryError.jpg

I haven't tried anything yet, I wanted to see if by posting the exact error if something would be conclusive. Thanks for the help

that does look like a hardware problem, you havent been trying to do any OC'ing have you?

that is most likely a a bad memory address. You will need to run memtest86 over night to ensure it does a thourough test. If you have two sticks take one out and see if that fixes it. If not the take the other one out and try again.

Ok sorry guys I have been away for a week or so.

I ran memtest86 overnight and I came back to see that all tests passed except test #7 in which I had around 1700 errors in. Here is what the readme file explains as test 7

Test 7 [Random number sequence]
This test writes a series of random numbers into memory. By resetting the
seed for the random number the same sequence of number can be created for
a reference. The initial pattern is checked and then complemented and
checked again on the next pass. However, unlike the moving inversions test
writing and checking can only be done in the forward direction.

So after that I took out all the RAM and put one stick in and had it run just test 7. After about 5 minutes i started to get a bunch of errors listed so I took that stick out and put in another one. Turns out all 3 sticks of RAM i have fail test 7.

I forgot to mention that I have two 256 sticks and one 128 stick

Someone wanted me to list my mobo. so..
Manufacturer: MicroStar
Model: MS-6330
Chipset: KT133

I have not tried the one user's suggestion about pulling everything out and plugging in one by one. I guess that is the next step if it's not my RAM that causes the problems

Do you have another system in which you can test the ram on? as it could be the motherboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom