Best Notebook

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcr9521

Baseband Member
My sister is looking into buying a notebook computer, and I don't know much about notebooks, so what would be a good make and/or a specific notebook. She is not going to be doing any gaming so don't suggest any really expensive hardcore notebooks. She will most likely just be using it for the internet and word prossesing. Her price range is no more than $950. Any help or suggestions would be awsome, and thanks in advance.

For notebooks, many people like weight and battery life. Less weight is better, and more battery life is better.

I will second the Toshiba vote. I have had 2 in my lifetime, and both are still running great. The A series are excellent.

Dont overlook the IBM Thinkpads.The T22 is the best selling Laptop ever.You can pickup a good used one on ebay for under 500.............................:D

Thinkpads are made of plastic, no metal bracketing. I talked to a guy who's screen almost snapped off because there was no re-enforcement.

I like toshibas alot. Never seen a bad one. And thinpads are alright, just be careful with them.

You obviously Dont know anythimg about Thinkpads "Fading Theory"..................Thinkpads are made of a Titanium Composite alloy that is still not matched in the industry for Durability by no manufacturer....................If you are going to talk down something talk about something you know about..........I have bought 5 of these thinkpads for myself,friends and family.I drag them back and forth to work(I work in a machine shope which is a harsh environment for any computer)bounce them around in my 4x4(while running)I know how they are built................Get your facts straight junior;this is not a peeing contest we are here to give legit options.IBM is just one........................;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom