Is this a decent spec?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok thanks every1 hoo replied, ive changed my basket and am hoping everything will run great!

here is my finished spec:

[1] Aurora™ 5500

Case: Alienware® Full-Tower Case - Space Black

Power Supply: Alienware® 480 Watt Power Supply

Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 3500+ Processor with HyperTransport Technology

Motherboard: Alienware® nForce™4 SLI™ Chipset Motherboard PCI Express

Memory: 1GB Alienware® Dual Channel Low-Latency DDR PC-3200 at 400MHz - 2 x 512MB

Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce™ 6800 GT PCX 256MB DDR3 w/Digital and TV Out

Hard Drive: 200 GB Western Digital Caviar SE Serial ATA 7,200 rpm w/ 8MB Cache - Quantity 1

Optical Drive One: Lite-On 16x DVD / 52x32x52x CD-RW Combo - Black

Optical Drive Two: Lite-On 16x DVD / 52x32x52x CD-RW Combo - Black
Sound Card: Creative Sound Blaster® Audigy 2 ZS - 7.1

im just wondering, will the fact im getting alienware RAM lower my computer's ability?
Is alienware ok for gaming?

No, it says the ram has low latencies, so it won't affect it. Is the SATA drive 1.5 or 3?

flaime said:
im just wondering, will the fact im getting alienware RAM lower my computer's ability?
Is alienware ok for gaming?

I don't understand why you're buying an alienware when a custom built is not only cheaper but has more potential.

When you buy the individual parts yourself, they suit you for your needs and what you plan to do.

For instance, if you're a big overclocker, then you buy a DFI mobo since they have a lot of overclocking potential. I really don't know how well an alienware will overclock, but I'll bet that custom parts could get slightly higher performance.

The whole point is a custom build will last you longer. You may upgrade parts every now and then but there are many parts you don't replace. I don't know how much potential that alienware will have for upgrades.

Why is the 6800 GT DDR3 ram instead of GDDR3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom