activating Win XP Home on two computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
apokalipse said:
I think I heard heard that an OEM copy can only be activated on one computer, but retail can be activated on 3

That is correct because I got into it with Microsoft over that so I had to buy two copies of WinXP...altho they were only $30 a piece.

That a fact how many can you install for a MSDN version of XP because I probably have it installed on over 4 computers.

apokalipse said:
I think I heard heard that an OEM copy can only be activated on one computer, but retail can be activated on 3

Does that mean that I cant activate an OEM version on 2 computers? What happen if I try, is it going to work or windows wont accept the serial?

windows will accept the serial because it is a valid serial but when you try and activate it, it won't let you. and you will have to find another serial or reinstall the os with a new CD

Once again, another rampant display of EULA neglect. You guys should read yer EULA's once in a while. EricB is turning blue in the mouth but sounds like no one's listening.

You're allowed to have 1 desktop installation and 1 laptop installation. That's base.

Activations depend entirely on the type of disk/license you purchased. Some disks are only good for 2 activations. Others don't care as long as you only have 2 machines registered at once. Some you can continue to use only if you call and activate. Others are completely worthless after 2-4 installations. Read your EULA. If you don't understand it, call Microsoft. They'll help you resolve your situation. Despite all the zombie hype, Microsoft does provide nice support concerning licensing issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom