D-Link DWL-G630 WLAN driver needed(XP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

IBMan

Daemon Poster
Hi, I'm working on my cousin's laptop, her uncle gave it to her for graduation present, There was a ton of stuff on there no one needed so i figured the easiest way is just to format and reinstall( i backed up all drivers from system prior to this) however when I reinstalled windows, the driver that was backed up must not have been the right driver for the card? Because now when I look for that driver on the backup disc the card won't work. I went to D-link's website and downloaded the driver but it didn't work either. I also searched driver guide.com, not there either. It is a PCMCIA so anyone who knows where i can find this driver, or anyone who has this driver could you please upload it and tell me where to find it plz? thanks.

If the one from the D-Link site didn't work, are you sure that it's the right card? The one from the D-Link site should work...

Yeah if its form the D-Link website it should work, if it is a D-Link card, just make sure that you are looking at and are getting the right driver, double check the version when you are getting it.

yea, its stupid i read they use the same model number for different products sometimes, there like 3 or 4 revisions of this card...thats probably it.

alright got it, i guess i didnt read enough, lol it was 12 at night so i was tired.

and its funny, without telling it to it started finding wireless connections, i think because it was used to finding one it found one and connected to it, I bet it found the doctor's office across the street. no one else within at least a few blocks of here would even know wat wireless networks are.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom