Good, cheap laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Him

Fully Optimized
Could someone tell me where I could get a tgood, cheap laptop? I dont want a used one, this is for school. I dont need power, I just really need reliability, and the obvious wireless and long battery life. Centrino comes to mind, but what brand? What reseller? I was told to go with Toshiba if I can. I would like to go with IBM, but they are pretty expensive. Sugegstions, please.

Thanks

Whats a good place to get it cheap? Should I just go up to Best Buy or CompUSA or Circuit City for this one?

the words 'good' and 'cheap' don't usually work out very well. But I'm using a 500 dollar toshiba right now with a celeron, and it runs good, but not great. for gaming, i wouldnt use it but for other stuff i would.

Well, powerslave, my laptop is going to fall under your "other stuff" catergory. A Celeron will be quite sufficient for me.

I need reliability, lots and lots of it. I cannot afford to have this thing break on me. You cannot just judge a laptop by what is in it, it is not like a desktop. Just because a laptop has a, for example, 6800GT in it dosent make it a good laptop. It could be of crap craftsmanship, ya dig?

I have a Compaq Evo N800, thing is beautiful. I know they don't make these anymore, or pretty sure they don't, but my compaq is very reliable. I had an accident and it got dropped and smashed the corner of it, thing still works like a charm. With HP buying compaq now, not sure how things might have changed but I would recommend a compaq for reliability.

Compaq and reliability, as far as I know, do not belong in the same sentence. Maybe if you are talking about the furthest thing from reliable, get a compaq, but...

But you swear by thaat, eh? I dont know, even before I knew ANYTHING about computers (so many moons ago) I was against Compaq. You really think Compaq for reliability? I'm not saying that you are wrong, I'm just saying that I have heard the EXACT opposite. Need some more opinions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom