Slick Power Supplies Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProLific

Baseband Member
Another moment for some other techy advice. I've just purchased a new 6800 ultra OC, so my budget isn't the greatest. We all know you need at least 450-500watts PS, i only have about 400, so i need to upgrade. Lately, I've been checkin Ebay and have found some low prices (14-30$ for 550watt ps) However, i've known no name, cheap P/s to die and sometimes murder a system as well. So, would you guys trust any of the Ebay p/s??

If so and if not, what manufactures would you reccomend.

BTW:I'm lookin at an AG II, anyone ever purchase one before??:cool:

What make PSU is it? As who ever says you need a 450 - 500 watt PSU, is wrong. It would be preferable for upgrades, but isn't a requirment. If it is a good PSU, look here: http://www.jscustompcs.com/power_supply/ if you have enough juice coming out of that PSU, and it is a good make, than there is no need to get a new one.

If it doesn't fit comfortably under 400w, than get a thermaltake PSU. They are about $50 for a 480 watt PSU.

I have never heard of that make, so don't get it. And never get cheap PSU's it is not worth the money you save.

I bought a cheap PSU and it sucked so bad, my computer was unstable, it was a big waste of money. You should buy a real PSU from a well known brand.

you do need that much power

If youve ever seen the box for a 6800 ultra you'll note that in the system requirements box it says i needs at least a 480wat psu

however after much criticism

Nvidia has received a large amount of criticism for its recommendation of a 480W power supply for use with its newest GPU. Since most of todayÂ’s computer systems only ship with power supplies in the 300-450W range, the need for a 480W power supply upgrade can add a significant add-on cost for gamers interested in buying a GeForce 6800 Ultra video card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom