Heatsink problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.
str8lazy said:
Make sure that the system fan on the heatsink was plugged in all the way. Your motherboard might be freaking out if that isnt plugged in all the way.

Yeah it was like before and, I also tried w/o the fan for 2 secs (I know not a good idea BUT I dind't fryed anything soo... lol)

LegendBreath said:
I also tried w/o the fan for 2 secs (I know not a good idea BUT I dind't fryed anything soo... lol)

if you got the heatsink installed, it's not gonna fry that fast...ive also tried it and watched in the bios how fast temps rose from 24 room temp...took about 20-30 seconds before it hit 60. :) cpu was 1Ghz Athlon.

another thing is to try that without the heatsink at all.. i remember reading an article where they tried that (with some thoroughbred cpu). they recorded this with an heat/infra red camera and the cpu hit over 300 C (!) [the scale didn't go higher] under 10 seconds and they had to stop the process cause the mobo already started melting and they didn't want to burn the whole palce up. :D

LoTeX said:
if you got the heatsink installed, it's not gonna fry that fast...ive also tried it and watched in the bios how fast temps rose from 24 room temp...took about 20-30 seconds before it hit 60. :) cpu was 1Ghz Athlon.

another thing is to try that without the heatsink at all.. i remember reading an article where they tried that (with some thoroughbred cpu). they recorded this with an heat/infra red camera and the cpu hit over 300 C (!) [the scale didn't go higher] under 10 seconds and they had to stop the process cause the mobo already started melting and they didn't want to burn the whole palce up. :D

HOLY... 300C! WOW... ... ... well my old was ALWAYS at 103C (my BIOS was not reading corectly lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom