Parts to NOT buy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to see some tests that prove 6 series have alot of ATi's X series cards. So what nVidia has SM 3.0, ATi has SS, what makes them so different from each other. If you have a site that has ran the best cards in each series against each other I would like to see it.

str8lazy said:
I would like to see some tests that prove 6 series have alot of ATi's X series cards. So what nVidia has SM 3.0, ATi has SS, what makes them so different from each other. If you have a site that has ran the best cards in each series against each other I would like to see it.

Never heard of a bench, have you?

Tomshardware.com comes to mind... and many other sites. Its merely a matter of opening up google and SEARCHING or perhaps looking it up on tech-forums.

We arn't pulling any of this out of our rear ends you know...

And smartshader is a different instruction set then SM 3.0. To my knowledge, no one is taking advantage of it. I cant think fo a game that uses it in the same manner as SM 3.0.

6000 over X series. Just hope ATIs R series stands a better chance.

Let us not let this become an ATI vs NVidia fanboy thred, it will get closed. It is here to tell people what parts not to buy because of personal experience, not because someone is a purveyor of filth.

Stop with the Nvidia ATI fanboy crap please, and start stating relevant information to the topic.

well I was on Tom's Hardware it they showed X800 on top of alot of the 6800's, but they struggled back and forth. They didnt compare the 6800GT with the X850 though.

@FadingTheory

Well I figure they would be different instruction sets, because they were made by different people specifically designed to work with their hardware. And your right, no one does utilize it.

Him said:
Let us not let this become an ATI vs NVidia fanboy thred, it will get closed. It is here to tell people what parts not to buy because of personal experience, not because someone is a purveyor of filth.

Stop with the Nvidia ATI fanboy crap please, and start stating relevant information to the topic.

Lets stop with the ATI vs. Nvidia. This isn't a thread about that, plus it has been hammered and hammered in other threads. Plus, all it takes is one flaming fanboy to come in here and I will have to close the thread.

Sorry. and tomshardware was just the only site that sprouted to my mind right off the bat.

Don't by ceramique thermal paste, or any perminent adhesive.

Again, sorry.

FadingTheory said:
Don't by ceramique thermal paste, or any perminent adhesive.

Why not? What about if you have those mini RAMsinks? They have no other way of being applied, and thermal compound has no adhesive properties. I ordered the permanent adheisive for my ramsinks and other minisinks but have yet to use it (or get it, for that matter)

Apologies, should have specified that you shiuldnt buy it fior standard use, such as heat sinks for chip sets, processors, and other items (I've seen it asked a few times, and I almost did it myself).

However, RAM, MOSFETS, and small motherboard components are the only thing it can be used for. Just get it right the first time.

On the same note, its probably not mise to use normal, non-adhesive grease on there small, bracketless items.

if you're on a really low budget, don't get the 9200 as a video card. even though most of the Radeon 9000 cards were better in that generation, the FX-5200 is a fair bit better than the 9200

and also, I don't know if this has been said, but don't get the Geforce 6200 if you want a cheap gaming card. it is.... not very good

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom