Video card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nissanspecv04

In Runtime
Ok ive been having a lot of overclocking probles. So I decided to keep the cpu ot its stock speed. I had to reformat my hard drive becasue my config file somehow got corrupted. Well I reinstalled windows and loaded the video drivers for my Powercolor ATI 600xt video card and then the computer freezes. When it boots which it does fine and I got to my desktop it looks normal except for the text on the files being distorted, and when a winodw pops up, either internet or settings or antyhign it stos working and restarts. I had to restore to right before the video drivers were installed and now it works fine. The drivers worked fine before, I never overclocked the video card either so I wouldnt think that would be a problem. Any ideas on whats going on??? Think the video card is done for?

Try installing different drivers on the ATI website.

(BTW. When overclocking, turn the PCI lock on, it will stop the SATA HDD becoming corrupt.)

ok I went to ati and got some different drivers. No good. Only thing I can think of is the vid card is no longer able to work. It worked before and now with drivers it wont. I guess I have to buy a new one huh? Anyone got one for sale?

Don't buy a new one, RMA it - contact the place where you brought it from. Don't mention overclocking, say it blew up or something.

You could try another format. Wait for more opinions, I'm tired and can't think of anything else.

ok so it turns out direct x is foolin with my card. I had directx9c on before then I reformatted and now if I install Directx9c it makes the video card act wierd so now Im using the ati drivers with no directx9x. Guess I'll just use an earlier version or seomthing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom